Chineasy: 60 Flashcards, our best selling product, is widely used by individual learners, families, and language schools all over the world! We’re pretty sure you know at least one person who has these. :)
Each of the 60 flashcards was designed according to the world-renowned Chineasy Method. The beautiful visuals not only make learning efficient but show how the Chinese language just makes sense. The front side of the card depicts a unique illustration of the Chineasy building block with three compound characters with their definition and pronunciation. The backside will show the exact same characters but without the pictogram.
This is not the end. Things only get better from here! :)
In the deck, readers will learn common Chinese words that use two Chineasy building blocks or compound characters. This way, you can mix and match the tiles, expanding your vocabulary even more.
Some ideas on how to use the Flashcards:
For individual learners:
- Spread the tiles with the pictograms facing down. Which characters can you still recognize? Revise those you don’t remember.
- Using the pictogram side, create expressions and words from the deck. Do you know any other ones? Maybe there are some sentences or other words you can build? Or you can guess new words yourself? Go to our social media pages or your notes for more inspiration. :)
- Use one tile as a theme for your day and plan an activity around it.
山 - Go to the mountains
林 - Go to the park
水 - Go swimming, take a longer shower, make an extra effort to stay hydrated
月 - Plan your month or your Chinese learning schedule. At night, do some moon gazing :)
- You can use those 60 cards to play different card games with your kids and you can also create your own rules!
- Play and draw the meaning of each character using the illustration as an inspiration!
- The tiles are also great storytelling prompts: let the kid choose up to three different characters (for example, rabbit, sun, a woman) and ask them to create a story with them in their mother tongue. You can build different associations with the meanings and pronunciation by playing with two languages! “A woman who had a rabbit named Tuzi lived in the sun.” will definitely make the new vocabulary stick!
- You can use flashcards to teach your students the basics.
- Make the most important characters more memorable to them.
- Keep the tiles for those moments of class when the students start drifting away. Our illustrations will certainly catch their attention back!
- If you like board games, you can add the Chineasy flashcards as a special task when playing! When a person lands on a certain field or throws a certain number with the dice they need to take one tile and pronounce the word. More advanced learners can even say a sentence or story in Chinese.
- If you and your friends know other languages, you can pick a card and challenge yourselves to say the words from the card in all the languages you know!
- Among Chinese learners, try to build new expressions with the words you know, teach each other your favorite words.
Set of 60 cards in a cardboard box
Dimensions: 9.7 x 5 x 13.5 cm / 3.8 x 1.9 x 5.3 inch